It’s time for the Weston PTO’s annual membership drive! If you have a child in the Weston Public Schools, please join or renew your Weston PTO membership for the upcoming 2023-2024 school year! Don’t forget to update your contact information when you join so our directory is accurate (but please DO NOT update your children’s grades – that will take place automatically later this summer).
WHO WE ARE
The Weston PTO is an all-volunteer, parent-run, non-profit organization dedicated to enriching the education of our children and fostering community within our schools. We keep parents connected and engaged by facilitating a closer relationship between the schools and home and by serving as a communication link between the two.
BENEFITS OF PTO MEMBERSHIP
The annual membership fee is $75 per family. By purchasing it, you support the many ways the PTO engages with our community. Our annual budget is raised solely through membership dues and goes directly towards supporting the many wonderful events and activities our volunteers organize for all 5 district schools. Your membership also:
- Helps you connect with other families by providing access to an online directory of all families with students in our schools.
- Enables you to purchase a printed version of the PTO school directory for $15 each.
Join or renew now!
HERE ARE SOME OF THE WAYS THE PTO DELIVERS
- We keep you informed through the PTO’s Westword weekly electronic newsletter listing consolidated school and community activities and events.
- We support educational programs spanning all grades K-12 and coordinate visits by select authors, artists and performers, like the Tangelwood Marionettes and authors Kate Messner and Jennifer De Leon.
- We sponsor parent education events with guest speakers representing various disciplines, like Dr. Jill Walsh on helping our children establish technology boundaries.
- We coordinate back-to-school parent socials each fall helping to build important grade-level parent connections.
- We organize community outreach drives supporting local charities, like Bristol Lodge and the Lincoln-Weston Food Pantry, while offering kids and families the opportunity to engage in social responsibility and philanthropy.
- We host regularly scheduled parent/principal coffees to build and maintain important connections with school leadership.
- We organize social events for parents and children like the Halloween trunk-or-treat, elementary schools drive-in movie night, Middle School art show, and High School graduation events.
- We sponsor faculty/staff appreciation events throughout the year at each school.
- Our parent volunteers who serve as school chairs, class parent advisors and room parents create a critical liaison between the PTO, parents, teachers and school leadership.
Please let us know! There are many opportunities, and we welcome short and longer-term commitments. Whether it’s helping to organize a class event, bringing performers, artists and authors to our schools, volunteering at a STEM Fair, welcoming new families to the community, helping our Green Team’s sustainability programs, our website and communications team, or serving as a school chair, we have a place for you!
FOR MORE INFORMATION
If you have any questions, please contact Allison King and Theresa Nibi, our Membership Chairs, at email@example.com.
We are so grateful for your support! We can’t do it without you!