The School Committee generally holds meetings on Monday evenings, twice per month from September to June at Case House, 89 Wellesley Street, at 7:00 PM. During the Case House renovation project, regular School Committee meetings are scheduled to be held at Weston Middle School, 456 Wellesley Street.
The next regular School Committee meeting is scheduled to be held Monday, December 16 at 7:00 PM at Weston Middle School (Library), 456 Wellesley Street. All are welcome to attend.
Dates for budget presentation and discussion are as follows, all at Middle School Library:
- Monday, January 13, 7 PM, School Administration presents 2020-2021 proposed budget
- Monday, January 27, 4 PM, Budget Discussion (Middle School, High School, Operations – Utilities, Transportation, Technology)
- Wednesday, January 29, 4 PM, Budget Discussion (Elementary, Special Education, METCO, Central Office, Grants, Revolving Funds)
- Monday February 10, February 25 March 9, 7 PM, Budget Discussion on Agendas
- Monday, March 23rd at 7 PM, Tentative Budget Vote
It shall be the policy of the Committee to designate a portion of each meeting as an open forum, thus encouraging community members to bring forth their comments, questions, and concerns.
The chairman shall be responsible for recognizing all speakers, who shall properly identify themselves; for maintaining proper order; and for adhering to time limits. When possible, questions asked by the public will be answered immediately by the chairman or referred to a staff member present for reply;questions requiring investigation shall be referred to the superintendent for consideration and later response.
- Speakers should identify themselves
- Remarks should be limited to no more than three (3) minutes
- Residents may present written or oral statements. The Committee would appreciate receiving copies of any written statements
- If many citizens desire to speak on the same subject, they will be asked to limit their remarks so that other topics can be heard
- Other than to obtain answers to questions of a routine nature, citizens should not expect an immediate reply from the Committee since this is a time for citizens to be heard and not for decisions to be made. If the Committee desires to discuss the citizen’s matter of interest further, it may place the matter on the agenda of a future meeting