The School Committee generally holds meetings on Monday evenings, twice per month from September to June at Case House, 89 Wellesley Street, at 7:00 PM. All are welcome to attend. Meetings are currently being held via Zoom. The Zoom Webinar ID is in each agenda.
Official business meetings of the School Committee are conducted under a prepared and limited agenda distributed to the Committee a few days ahead of time. Copies of the agenda are made available at our meetings for your use. Zoom links are in the agendas and tentative agenda items are published in The Town Crier and Westword and are posted on our meeting agendas page.
It shall be the policy of the Committee to designate a portion of each meeting as an open forum, thus encouraging community members to bring forth their comments, questions, and concerns.
The chair shall be responsible for recognizing all speakers, who shall properly identify themselves; for maintaining proper order; and for adhering to time limits. When possible, questions asked by the public will be answered immediately by the chair or referred to a staff member present for reply; questions requiring investigation shall be referred to the superintendent for consideration and later response.
Additionally, in response to public input, the School Committee is currently trying some changes from prior meeting procedures. In order to provide additional time for comment beyond the Open Forum, community members may be recognized by the Chair in the course of its discussions of specific agenda items. It will be the responsibility of the chair to limit, if necessary, the number of speakers and the duration of the comment period.
- Speakers should identify themselves
- Remarks should be limited to no more than three (3) minutes
- Residents may present written or oral statements. The Committee would appreciate receiving copies of any written statements
- If many citizens desire to speak on the same subject, they will be asked to limit their remarks so that other topics can be heard
- Other than to obtain answers to questions of a routine nature, citizens should not expect an immediate reply from the Committee since this is a time for citizens to be heard and not for decisions to be made. If the Committee desires to discuss the citizen’s matter of interest further, it may place the matter on the agenda of a future meeting