The Weston Public Schools Parent Teacher Organization (Weston PTO) is an all-volunteer, parent-run, non-profit organization committed to enhancing and enriching the education of our children and fostering a sense of community within our schools. We seek to keep parents connected and informed by facilitating a closer relationship between school and home and serving as the communication link between the two. At the heart of our mission is a commitment to strengthen the Weston Public Schools’ capacity to provide the highest quality education possible for all students. We strive to do this by:
- Providing educational programs spanning all grade levels, ranging from science and math related speakers and hands-on activities, nature explorations, author visits, and artist performances.
- Facilitating communication and supporting our schools and students through PTO volunteers serving as school chairs, room parents, and class parents/advisors.
- Streamlining important communication through Westword, our weekly email newsletter, which contains school-related news and updates and information about upcoming programs and events at school and within the community.
- Hosting various Parent Coffees and Forums within each of the five schools throughout the year.
- Sponsoring and planning Parent Education events and speakers.
- Organizing Community Outreach drives that support local charitable organizations, while affording students an opportunity to practice social responsibility and compassion for others.
- Offering our membership a directory of students, families, and faculty/staff.
- Coordinating volunteers for school events and providing supplemental supplies and resources.
- Hosting numerous faculty/staff appreciation events in every school throughout the school year.
Our annual budget is raised solely through membership dues. We urge all families with children attending the Weston Public Schools to join as PTO members each school year. Each membership helps augment our children’s school experience and supports our educators in fulfilling their vision.
Parent involvement is a fundamental part of what makes a school community rich and robust. We take great pride in the strength of our PTO and encourage you to learn more about our programs and get involved in any of the many volunteer opportunities that work with your interests and schedule.