Dear Woodland School families,
Remember no school on Wednesday! See below for important notes and dates.
Woodland School Fall Picnic: Pack up your family, blanket, and picnic and join us on the Woodland School field (near the playground) on Thursday, October 13th from 4:30-6:30pm. This is a family event so kids and grownups are all welcome. Come socialize with all your Woodland School friends.
BWMPO/PTO “Meet Me Halfway” Parents’ Night Out: Enjoy a night out at Trillium in Canton on Saturday, October 15th from 6:00-8:00pm. Tickets are $20 per person to cover food costs, but beverages should be purchased independently. Please RSVP here by Wednesday, October 12th.
Woodland Parents Night Out! Come gather with fellow Woodland parents at our upcoming adult only Parent Community Night Out – Wednesday, October 19th from 6-9pm at Lookout Farm in Natick. $25pp will go towards appetizers and drink tickets. RSVP via this link by October 14th and Venmo @Emily-Malenfant with Parents Night Out in the notes. Thank you to the Mofenson Family for hosting! Funding available to cover ticket prices if needed – please reach out to Emily Malenfant.
Woodland School Council Opening: We still are looking for our Woodland School Council Member! Woodland School has 1 open seat for a 2 year term open for School Council and we need your help! If interested in running for School Council, please send a candidate statement to Meghan Covington –email@example.com by October 4. School Council Elections will run from October 11th to October 14th.
Trunk of Treat! Trunk or Treat will be Friday, October 28 from 4:30-6:00pm in the Field School Parking Lot. This event is open to K-5 students from all three elementary schools and their families. More information and signups will be sent via room parents tomorrow so be on the lookout!
District Curriculum Forums: Please note that at each location, district-wide curriculum will be discussed regardless of which school your student attends. You do not need to sign up ahead of time to attend the curriculum forums. Thursdays, 8:30-9:30am, location in parentheses
- October 13th – Math (COUNTRY) – ** NOTE this location has been changed from Woodland to Country due to parking needs
- October 27th – Science/Social Studies (FIELD)
- November 10th – Intervention/Title I (COUNTRY)
- December 1st – Reading, Fundations & Heggerty (WOODLAND)
- December 8th – Tech and Libraries (FIELD, Innovation lab)
- December 15th – Writing (COUNTRY)
Amy Kelly, Director of Equity and Professional Learning, will now be leading a workshop called the Responsive Home. You will learn more about the philosophy behind Responsive Classrooms and learn useful tips for creating a “Responsive Home” including – positive language, family meeting, house rules, logical consequences, and interactive modeling. Please click here to sign up:
- Thursday, 10/13/2022, 6:00pm-7:30pm
- Wednesday, 11/2/2022, 9:00am-10:30am
After School Book Club at the Weston Library: The library is offering three new After School Book Clubs this fall. Meet at the Library after school! Enjoy drawing, coloring or quiet games while listening to the librarian read a chapter book, read in weekly installments.
After School Book Club Fall Schedule:
- Tuesdays: Grades 2 & 3
- Thursdays: Grades 1 & 2
- Fridays: Grades 3 & 4
Programs start this week – October 3rd – and run through the week of December 12th. Woodland Students can take Bus #4 and Pickup is at 3:15 from the library. Registration required! (Registration is for the whole series). To register, visit the Library website. Click on the calendar link, and follow it to the program.
METCO DIsmissal Pad Fundraiser: The Dismissal Notepad Fundraiser is back! click the link to order the Dismissal Pads. Proceeds from this fundraiser benefit Weston METCO Family Friends. The deadline for ordering is October 21, 2022. One order includes 4 (50 sheets per pad) notepads. Click here to see a mockup of the pads. For questions, please contact Nancy Fournier, firstname.lastname@example.org
Have a great week!
Meghan Covington & Emily Malenfant
Woodland School PTO Co-Chairs
Updated Important Dates:
- Wednesday, October 5: No school (Yom Kippur)
- Monday, October 10: No school (Columbus Day/Indigenous Peoples’ Day)
- Wednesday, October 12: Early Dismissal | 11:30am
- Thursday, October 13: Woodland School Fall Picnic | 4:30-6:30pm | Woodland School
- Saturday, October 15: BWMPO Parents Night Out | 6-8pm | Trillium, Canton | RVSP
- Wednesday, October 19: Parents Night Out | 6-9pm | Lookout Farm, Natick | RSVP
- Friday, October 28: Trunk or Treat | 4:30-6pm | Field School Parking Lot
- Monday, November 14: Picture Retake Day | Woodland School