Dear Woodland Families,
Thank you to our fantastic Woodland families for all of the incredible support for our teacher’s appreciation week last week. It was so much fun seeing everyone in the building and all of our teachers and staff being celebrated and recognized. If you missed it, we posted pictures throughout the week on our Instagram account #westonwoodlandwolves, so check it out!
Please find below all of the exciting things happening now through the end of the school year. Hope to see many of you on Friday at the Woodland School spring concert!
- Friday, May 12: WS Spring Concert | 2nd & 3rd Grades at 8:45am and Pre-K, K & 1 at 10:15am | Woodland School Gymnasium *Coffee will be served in the library between concerts if you are staying for both.
- Wednesday, May 10: Kindergarten No School
- Tuesday, May 16: 3rd Grade Visits Field School
- Tuesday, May 16: K-12 Art Show Open House | 5:30-7:30pm | Weston High School Science Wing *Art show will remain up through May 30, and families are encouraged to visit anytime the high school is open.
- Wednesday, May 17: Kindergarten No School
- Wednesday, May 24: Kindergarten No School
- Thursday, May 25: Field School (Rising 4th Graders) Special Education Parent Coffee (Students on IEPs) | 9:00 am | Field School Cafeteria
- Monday, May 29: No School | Memorial Day
- Tuesday, May 30: Grade 3 Transition Principal’s Coffee | 9am | Field School Cafeteria
- Thursday, June 1: WS End of Year Picnic | 4:30-6:30 pm | Woodland School (Rain Date – June 7)
- Wednesday, June 7: Pre-K through 2nd Fun Day
- Wednesday, June 7: Early Dismissal
- Thursday, June 8: CS/WS 3rd Grade Only Picnic | 5-7pm | Field School (Rain Date – June 12)
- Wednesday, June 14: 3rd Grade Fun Day
- Friday, June 16: Grade 3 Clap Out | 10-10:30am | Woodland Field
- Friday, June 16: Last Day of School | 11am | Early Dismissal
* An adult should plan to attend picnics and after school events with their students – if these are outside of school hours, these are not drop off events.
Woodland School Spring Pop-Up Shop:
COMING SOON! Be on the lookout for our end of year Woodland School Spring Pop up Shop. We are finalizing last minute details but an email should be going out soon. Get your gear to wear for summer or be ready for fall.
Volunteers Needed for K-12 Art Show:
The annual K-12 Art Show is almost here! There will be an opening reception on Tuesday, May 16 from 5:30-7:30pm in the Weston High School Science Wing. Parent volunteers are needed to hang and display artwork on May 12. Volunteers are also needed to set up the reception and provide snacks and water. We hope parents across all grades will be willing to help make this show a successful celebration of the artistic achievements of all of our children! Please click here to sign up if you are able to. Please contact Chris Fehl with any questions. Thank you for your support!
Woodland School Spring Concert:
Second and Third Graders will be performing in the gymnasium this Friday, May 12th at 8:45. Pre-K through First Grade students will be performing at 10:15am. For all parents with students in both performances, the PTO will have coffee available in the library so please feel free to make your way there in between concerts.
PreK-2nd Grade Fun Day:
Pre-K through 2nd Grade Fun Day is on June 7th and preparations are underway. This day is 100% PTO organized and funded. There are lots of games that we are able to reuse year after year but we do need some annual supplies to keep it fun and fresh. If you would like to contribute crafts or supplies to this years Fun Day, please visit our Amazon Wishlist here. Third grade Fun Day is separate and those families with a third grader should have already received information and details.
WEEFC’s 2023 Fall Fundraiser – Call for Auction Items & Sponsorships:
Planning has begun for WEEFC’s Fall 2023 Fundraiser, scheduled for September 30. Tickets will go on sale in late summer, but we could use your help now to ensure the event is a success. We’re currently seeking businesses, artists, musicians, craftsmen, and local stores/sports teams/hotels/theaters that might be willing to provide or donate a service or item for the auction. Whether you’ve got a connection to spa services, lawn care, destination getaways or something in between, we want to hear from you! Interested in helping plan the event? Our next meeting will be Friday, May 12 at 10:30 a.m. at Case House, and everyone is welcome. Please contact Steph Corcoran with auction/event ideas and Katie Strohacker if your business might be interested in sponsoring the event.
Have a great week!
Meghan Covington & Emily Malenfant
Woodland School PTO Co-Chairs